The seven stones of this wind chime are aligned in an ascending column, just as the seven chakras are aligned along the spine in the human body.
Woodstock Chakra Chimes combine color and sound to underscore the ancient meaning of the major energy centers of the human body. Eastern Philosophy can often be difficult for the Western Scientific mind to assimilate and yet , many of the eastern claims are being proven scientifically as the time honored truths that they are. According to the traditions, there are seven basic Chakras, which correlate to the seven main nerve ganglia emanating from the spinal column, as revealed through modern studies of Physiology. Each Chakra location has a unique meaning, orientation and healing potential. The beautiful windcatcher of each of our Woodstock Chakra Chimes is a colorful stone associated with a particular Chakra. These wind chimes are intended to remind us of the strength of mind over matter and, through sound, give us a small window into the balance of the physical and metaphysical.
The seven Chakras are :
1. Sahasrara: The Crown Chakra. Its color is violet, and is related to thought and self-knowledge. It is represented by amethyst.
2. Ajna: The Brow Chakra. Its color is indigo, and is related to intuition and clarity. It is represented by lapis.
3. Vishuddha: The Throat Chakra. Its color is turquoise, and is related to sound and self-expression. It is represented by turquoise.
4. Anahata: The Heart Chakra. Its color is green, and is related to love and compassion. It is represented by aventurine.
5. Manipura: The Solar Plexus Chakra. Its color is yellow, and is related to growth and personal power. It is represented by citrine.
6. Svadhisthana: The Sacral Chakra. Its color is orange, and is related to creativity and enthusiasm. It is represented by carnelian.
7. Muladhara: The Base Chakra. Its color is red, and is related to physical identity and self-preservation. It is represented by red jasper.
Dimensions: 17 inch overall length.
Material: Black finish ash wood, 6 silver polished aluminum rods, aluminum windcatcher, stone accents, this windchime is meant to hang from a string loop, rather than an 0-ring.