Characterized by bright primary color, an almost cubist portrayal of animals, stark simplicity and a profound sense of emotion, painter and printmaker Franz Marc’s work is considered German Expressionism. Stables, the last major work based on his favorite subject, the horse, was completed in 1913; in it, the images of horse and stables are almost indistinguishable. By the time he painted Stables, he had concluded that abstract forms would allow him to link the horses in the picture with nature as a whole, and even with the totality of existence. Color your world with a RainCaper from the Fine Art Collection; a must have accessory for museum patrons and stylish women, the reversible rain poncho and travel cape is a wearable work of art. Sport the Stables print side out for a bold look; reverse to Royal for a sophisticated neutral that goes anywhere. The reversible, fashionable hooded rain wrap offers elegant protection from rain and wind. The ultra-versatile RainCaper may be worn all year long. Rain or Shine!
Franz Marc original oil painting Stables is in the Collection of The Solomon Guggenheim Museum, New York, NY.
Reverse Color: Royal
- Reversible - 2 looks in 1; Franz Marc Stables print reverses to Royal – both sides are rainproof
- Hooded design of rain cape keeps you dry in wet weather. Rain rolls right off!
- Folds up into matching 8" x 10" travel pouch with snap-on strap for your tote, car, briefcase or travel bag
- Generous hood protects from wind and rain yet is less bulky than a raincoat or jacket (which are often prohibited in museums and galleries).
- One size fits most; two shell buttons for adjustable fit.
- RainCaper provides complete rain coverage - all the way to the wrist! 23" shoulder to wrist. 30" neckline to back hem; 55" wide.
- 100% polyester. Machine wash; hang to dry. Weight: 9 oz